DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special variables for use in legends

My problem concerns the use of special variables in free texts in legends (using Diadem 9.1). If I select my legend, then change the 'Labelling with' to 'free text' or 'curve-related text' I then get the opportunity to use the Text Entry Help dialogue box and a number of Special Variables. My problem is how to reference the Y channel properties within this dialogue box. If I enter @CN(#)@ then each curve will be labelled with the relevant channel dimension. This would seem to suggest that using the # means 'use the relevant channel'. However, it doesn't work for all of the special variables. For example, if I enter @ChD(1,#)@ then I get rubbish. I would like to enter something like @ChnPropGet(#,ChnPropNameGet(#,2))@ then each curve will be labelled with its description. It works if I enter @ChnPropGet(34,ChnPropNameGet(34,2))@ for example but what's the point of using a variable if you have to write it our every time! Is there a way of getting the special variables to automatically look at the relevent curve properties?
Thanks,
Si.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,272 Views)
Try with CCN instead of # in your formula (CCN=CurrentChannelNumber)
Message 2 of 3
(3,267 Views)
Great, it works a treat, thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,263 Views)