cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seperating data with multiple headers

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a data set that has 6 columns with headers containing information for one cycle of a part (Data File is Attached). About 200 rows later I have another set of data with 6 columns for cycle 2 with a space and a new header, and at about another 400 rows later I have the data for cycle 5 with a space and a new header. This pattern repeats throughout the data set.

I need a way to seperate this data so that I can plot the individual cycles. When I import this data set into Diadem with the DataPlugin Wizzard it does not recognize the spaces and new headers. It labels the spaces and headers as "NO VALUE", so there are discontinuities in the data. Is there a way to seperate the cycles in this data set in Diadem?

For example, I would like to have rows 6 thru 215, rows 220 thru 630, rows 635 thru 1046, rows 1051 thru 1462, etc. This way I can plot the individual cycles against the running time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,732 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wils01

Hi wils01,

Here's a DataPlugin I created that loads your posted data file with each cycle in a separate Data Portal Group.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,700 Views)

Works like a charm Brad, thank you! I may have more question's for you because this code does not work for all of our data sets but I believe I can manipulate it to do the job, once I figure out what you did of course.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,684 Views)