From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting highest values from 2 channels to create a new channel

Hello

I am analysing two data channels with time as the x axis and a kind of random y values (both positive and negative values). I want to create a new channel which selects the highest value from the above two channels at each point on the x-axis. So, a new channel which will have the bigger value from the two channels is to be created.  I would like to create a VB script for this process of creating a new channel which will select the higher y value from the two channels (in the negative direction, it should have the minimum value). It would be of great help if someone could guide me.

PS: The red and the green channels in the image are the input channels from which the new channel is to be created. The mask channel in the image is a later step which is not of importance at this point of time.1.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,127 Views)

Hello,

can you please calrify how the algorithm is supossed to work:

"Green"   "Red"    "Result"

10             12        12

5               6          6

0               0          0

-1             -2          -2

2               -2          ???

3              -1          ???

Can you please confirm that the rows 1-4 show the right logic? and can you please add what should happen if one signal is positive and the other is negative ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,096 Views)