DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScriptCmdRemove Resets GlobalVars

Is it expected behavior that I lose global variables when registering or deregistering user commands?  

It appears ScriptCmdReset is called somewhere in the Registering functions... Is there any way to avoid it?  

I want to register a user command so I can respond to the OnLoaded event in the navigator, but If I register it, and lose all my global variables, that doesn't work...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,846 Views)

Hi RussellSenior,

no, the expected behavior is that adding or registering user commands does not perform a reset.

Removing user commands an the other hand has to initiate a reset.

The actual reset is delayed and can only be executed when DIAdem is idle.

DIAdem is idle if all scripts are finished and no dialog is open.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,829 Views)

Got it.  That explains a lot.  Can I force a reset before my scripts are done.  Like maybe use Pause?

I was planning to remove the user command when the script was done, but the rest of the scripts rely on global vars. So, I will just avoid removing any user commands.  

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,820 Views)

Hi RussellSenior,

no, the reset can't be forced for technical reasons.

Every running script engine (scripts, SUDs) gets a pointer to the script engine with global commands and variables (thats what makes them global).

Since these script engines can have references or a call stack with jumps to this engine, a reset can only work if all running scripts and SUDs are finished.

So removing unused commands and variables works only at the end of a script and is executed after the script is finished.

I hope that explained it.

DIAdemo

Message 4 of 5
(3,816 Views)

I have to say, I'm really happy with the support I get on this forum.  Answers are always easy to come by on a wide array of topics. Thank you so much for the quick explanation! 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,814 Views)