DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save channels to M x N matrix in MAT file

Hello,

In Diadem 2011 I can easily open a MAT format file with the Dataplugin.  I can also save the channels back to MAT format, however if the data started as a matrix in the MAT file it is treated as vectors (columns) in Diadem and it will be resaved to MAT as vectors.  Is there a way to save the data in the matrix form in the MAT file? ie. M x N instead of N vectors.

thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,837 Views)

Hi Jim,

I don't think so.  The main issue is that DIAdem has no native 2D matrix data structure, just a collection of 1D arrays (channels), so the MatLab DataPlugin has no obvious way of knowing which DIAdem channels should be used to form the exported MatLab 2D matrix.  The only way to make that work would be to have some custom property on the group or channel level that the export DataPlugin looked at.

How hard is it in MatLab to merge 1D arrays into a 2D matrix?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Wngineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,816 Views)

Using the the .MAT plugin that imports/exports .mat files, I'm able to open them in Diadem.  If I export as a .mat file, they open up just fine in Diadem, but not in Matlab.  I'm getting all the variables, but they are blank with nothing really associated to them.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Diadem Version:  12.0.1F5361 TDM service Pack

USI:                      2.0.1f5249        

Matlab Plugin:  NIUSIMATLAB_1.2.05451.exe

Matlab Version: 8.1.0.604 (R2013a)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,482 Views)

Hi TstEngr,

We have noted that you are experiencing this behavior and we are having R&D look into it.  I will post back to this forum when I hear anything back from them.

Peter T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,446 Views)