DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Data

I have no clue how to do this. Maybe someone here will be able to help.

I have a bunch of channels (eg: Driver Head X, Driver Head Y, Driver Pelvis Z, Left Lower B-Pillar Y etc). I want to save these as individual files with some customized header in them. These files need to be DHX, DHY, DPZ, LLBPY etc. Note these files should NOT have an extension. Also, note the names of these files. The names have to be first letter of every word. I can do the customized header part and save the data. I however dont know how to save the file without an extension (i tried not giving an extension but Diadem put .LST for an extension) and i dont know how to name the files without having to define each individually.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Shefalika
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,976 Views)
Hello Shefalika,

actually I am not really sure if I understand your question correctly.
As far as I understood, you are having a collection of channels which you need to export to a certain number of custom files. In general, this should be possible. How complicated this is depends on the format in which you have to create the files.
You mention that you need to include a certain header into the files, but you dont specify the format you want to use for the data. If you are using the prebuild functionality that comes with DIAdem your possibilities are somewhat limited. For instance, I believe it is not possible to generate a file that does not have an extension.  I find it strage though, that DIAdem would add a .LST. I am not sure what you are doing (An LST file is part of a serial evaluation script you would create in DIAdem SCRIPT).

Anyway, writing a shot script will give you all the flexibility you need. For example, the command
Call DATAFILESAVESEL("C:\AsciiExport","CSV","1-2")
will create a spreadsheet ASCII file containing the first two channels of your dataportal. The file will not have an extension. Unfortunately, the file header is going to be included automatically without the possibiliy to choose specific information. Using the Textfile functions in DIAdem SCRIPT or the FileSystemObjet, which you can include in the VBS, you have all options to create your custom files.
Since I dont know much about how the files should look like I cannot give you more than this general information.

I still hope it will give you some ideas.

Ingo Schumacher
Systems Engineering Manager CEERNational Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,960 Views)