DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUD-Dialoge aus Diadem 9.1 in Diadem 9.0 benutzen

Hallo,

Ich habe einen relativ umfangreichen SUD-Dialog unter Diadem 9.1 erstellt. Nun möchte ich diesen auf einem anderen Rechner mit Diadem 9 benutzen. Das Öffnen scheitert jedoch mit einem Hinweis auf einen inkompatibeles Dateiformat. Gibt es irgendeine Möglichlichkeit, den Dialog zu konvertieren (notfalls auch mittels Hexeditor - die Dateien unterscheiden sich allerdings scheinbar nicht nur in der im Dateiheader angegebenen Diademversion...)

Vielen Dank für die Hilfe!

Thomas Vosshagen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,956 Views)

Hi Thomas,

Here's an approach that has a good chance of working for you.  It requires that you have DIAdem 9.1 and DIAdem 9.0 on the same computer.  Launch both DIAdem 9.0 and 9.1, and launch the SUDialog Editor from 9.0 and the SUDialog Editor from 9.1.  So now you have two SUDialog Editors open at the same time, one from 9.0 and one from 9.1.  Open up the SUDialog you want to copy in the 9.1 SUDialog Editor.  Now select all the controls on the dialog and hit <Ctrl-C> on your keyboard.  Now switch to the 9.0 SUDialog Editor, left-click once on the dialog, then hit <Ctrl-V> on your keyboard.  This should copy both the control layout and the callback functions (with VBScript code) behind each of the controls.  The only problem you might run into is if you have a control or function in the 9.1 SUDialog Editor that does not exist in the 9.0 SUDialog Editor, these would not copy over.  But I can't think of any examples right now that wouldn't.  You'll probably get lucky and have everything copy over just fine.

Good Luck,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,945 Views)
Hi,
I have the same problem too. (convert or edit sud-dialogs from Diadem 10.0 with Diadem 9.1)

@Brad Turpin wrote:

(..) The only problem you might run into is if you have a control or function in the 9.1 SUDialog Editor that does not exist in the 9.0 SUDialog Editor, these would not copy over. (..)

There are a lot of other problems with this copy&paste method:
- propertys and call-back functions of the form itself will not be copyed.
- all declarations (functions, variables ...) from declaration section od form will not be copyed
- it is a lot of work, when a application has more than one dialog.

I think, this problem is "homemade" by NI by chosing a binary dataformat for storing dialogs. Other limitations exist too: I can't use a version control for my devellopment! I cant't see differences beetwen two releases! I do need a Sud-editor (and a licensed Diadem) only for reading my one code! I can't use my one editor! I can not merge the work of two people! It means, no SUD-devellpment in teamwork. And so on.

NI, please make SUD-fomat ASCII.

Martin Bohm

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,828 Views)
Hello!

It is a unfulfilled desire to get a ASCII based SUD file format. Using SUD from the verry first moment this would had helped to solve a lot of problems. We are still hoping that it will by changed in the future!

From this experience we decided to put as less code as possible into the SUD. This goal is reached by putting the code in an external script. Today (> 9.0) this script can be loaded into the SUD with the ScriptInclude command. In older version it was a little bit more complicated. In every event only a call to the external script is coded. Than you can use your prefered editor for programming and you can format the code as you like. Another advantage is that no code is lost when you delete a control. Also teamwork is much easier and source control systems can handle this files much better.

Matthias
Matthias Alleweldt
Project Engineer / Projektingenieur
Twigeater?  
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,813 Views)

Hi Martin,

I can wholeheartily endorse the suggestion from Twigeater regarding minimizing the code in a SUDialog using the ScriptInclude() function.  It would appear that the copy-paste method was more useful with earlier versions of DIAdem than it is now.  I just tried to copy a DIAdem 10.1 control onto a DIAdem 10.0 SUD form, and it resulted in the DIAdem 10.0 SUD editor shutting down abruptly.  This method worked well during the DIAdem 9 years.

Sorry for the extra hassle this causes,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,794 Views)