DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resize event in dialog

Hi,

is there a way to recognize a resize of a dialog? My objective is to show scrollbars in a dialog, if the dialog gets smaller than its initial state. The trick is, if you expand the dialog, a listbox in this dialog should expand too. Now i got this to work (see attachments). If i enable the scrollbars, the flex properties are ignored, if i disable scrollbars you can make the listbox disappear.

Thanks in advance

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,279 Views)

Hi Martin,

yes, if the scrollbars are active, the resize is ignored. You have to choose how you want to visualize the dialog.

If you use the scrollbars the dialog is i fixed in its appearance and you can scroll through if you can not see all because it has been resized to a smaller view.

And if you resize the objects in the dialog you do not need the scrollbars.

You can play a little bit with the options in the flex property, you can customize the resize of the different elements of the dialog seperatly.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Dennis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Message 2 of 6
(5,240 Views)

Hi Dennis,

thank you for your help. but i was looking for a hybrid way. Show scrollbars if the dialog gets smaller then x & y, else use flex settings.

Unfortunately it seems that DIAdem is not supporting this kind of feature 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,189 Views)

You could use the change event and set a script that is fetching the new size of the dialog and then set new sizes for all the elements.

The scripted changes whould appear after the size change and not on the fly, but this could help you to get a semi-hybid dialog.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,187 Views)

But the Dialog-Class itself doesn't inherit a EventChange-method...

I tested it with a xtable, but the change event is not set after a resize.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,182 Views)

You are right, is is a method o the Listbox, not of the dialog itself.

Sorry for this misinformation.

Then there is no way to create a hybrid dialog as you wanted.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,172 Views)