DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing values in a .tdm

Hello everyone,

I am new on this board and I am new with the .tdm file-format and DIAdem. I use LabView 7.1 and DIAdem 9.1 and got a problem managing the values in my .tdm file. I attached a very simple program, that generates 10 random values an write them in a .tdm file. I can open it with DIAdem and got no problems so far. But my instention is, to replace these 10 values everytime, I start the test-vi but the values are appended.
Can anybody tell me, what wents wrong?

Thanks a lot,

kmel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,110 Views)

Hi kmel,

Your LabVIEW code looks fine to me, and when I run it repeatedly on my computer, which has only LabVIEW 8.21, I get a test.TDM file with a channel containing only 10 values, as desired.  I don't happen to have a LabVIEW 7.1 computer handy to test with, but I'd guess you've run into a bug that has been fixed in subsequent versions.

Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,097 Views)
Hello Brad,

thank you for your quick answer. I found another way to solve this problem in my application, but I think will update my LabView version soon, to avoid other bugs. On the other hand, I wonder who the same vi is working in different ways in two LabView versions...

Greetings,

kmel

Message Edited by kmel on 03-20-2007 10:22 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,095 Views)