cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receving Error 383 while Querying Data finder

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

We have a script (vbs) that runs in  Diadem and queries a Datafinder (server edition). After adding some error handling code, we encountered the following error:

Error Description: An error occurred during the search. The query may contain at least one invalid property.        Number: 383      Source: false.*

* Now according to the message above, we can extract that there is a property or property value (of the query) that is/are wrong, but see the following line of this message please.

Once we trapped this error, we log and save the queries (in TDQ files) that were being used at the moment that the error ocurred. When we load this query files, no errors are ocurring. We've being troubleshooting this issue, but we haven't find the root cause yet. Any guidance, tip or help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,872 Views)

Does the Datafinder logfile "DataFinder.log?" contain errors that may be related.

It can be found in the Config Path of the datafinder or is part of the ZIP created with

Help->Diagnosis->CreateDiagnosoFile

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,855 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mannypr7

Hi manny,

That sounds like a property data type issue to me.  In rare cases saving a condition from DIAdem to a *.tdq file can cause the data type of the property in that condition to change.  Can you try reducing the number of conditions to just one and determine which condition is the culprit?  Then ask yourself what operator you're using in that condition-- if it's "=" or "<>" then it supports any data type.  If it's any other condition, then it could run afoul of a string data type.  Also, you could have a datetime property that is not optimized in the DataFinder which could be considered an invalid property.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Message 3 of 5
(4,806 Views)

Hi Brad, 

Thanks for the response, sorry for my delay responding.  It makes a lot of sense, I am going to narrow down the queries and follow your recommendations. We are also  suspecting, that it might be bad data in one of the files that we are pulling the data from, because when we  limited the range of days in the data, the error goes away. I've set your answer as a solution since I think it is now in our side to do the investigation, but you have lead us to correct path. As always we appreciate your help, Thank you.

Manny

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,783 Views)

AndreasK,

We have the logs, is one of the methods we use to verify our runs.

Regardless I sitll apreciate your response. Thank you for your time.

Manny

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,780 Views)