From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading files in SUD

I have a custom data file that I can currently read into DIAdem with a plugin.  Now I am trying to do is let the user select only the cahnnels he/she wants to load instead of loading the entire file.  This works by using the selective opening for files but it only works for one file.  I am looking for a way to select multiple files that contain the same channels over different periods of time and do a selective opening on all the files.  I have a script to load multiple files and concatinate them but it loads the entire file.  How can a read the channel names out of my config file and display them in a table in my SUD.  I see you can read a text file but I need to be able to read a tab delimited file.  Is there a way to read the text at a certain tab and ignore everything before and after that?

Thanks

Andrew
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,363 Views)

Hi Andrew,

This application is crying out for the DataFinder.  Do you and your users have access to DIAdem 10?  If so, then  we can offload the channel selection across multiple files to a robust, elegant, and shipping feature.  You can also insert your own custom loading methods into the context menu of the ResultsList that displays the channels you searched out in the DataFinder.

If you do need to programmatically load selected channels, the command you want is DataFileLoadSel(), which will use a particular DataPlugin to load a certain subset of channels from one file.  You would have to call this command once for each of the files you want to load those channels from.  If you're loading all the values of these selected channels, then again this is a built-in feature in DIAdem 10-- all the user has to do is drag the displayed channels they searched out into the DataPortal.

Let us know if you need further help,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,339 Views)

Thanks Brad.  I do have access to DIAdem 10 but my users do not as of right now.  I hope they will in the near future.  The DataFileLoadSel() worked great but I need to be able to select the channels I want to load.  I still need to create a list of channel names that the user can select from so only those channels can be loaded.  I will post another question on the board about that since it is a new topic.

Thanks,

AJL

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,338 Views)