DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error 2507 opening tdms-file

Hello Yongqing Ye,

Unfortunately I've the same problem again, but this time deleting the index file doesn't help.

Trying to open the attached tdms-file, first error message "TdsErrInvalidObjectId(-2507)" shows, after that, error message "Error while loading model" code: 16 appears.

Can you tell me about the reason for the error messages I've got and please help to restore the measured data.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 35
(6,823 Views)

Hi Mrnew,

The TDMS file you speak of did not get attached to your Discussion Forum.

Could you try again?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 35
(6,817 Views)

Hello Brad,

Unfortunately the original tdms file seems to be too big (100MB) to be attached to a message.

I zipped it down to 8,332 kB, but system says it's still too large. The maximum size allowed is only 5,120,000 bytes.

Do you've an idea?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 35
(6,798 Views)

Hi Mrnew,

Yeah, post it instead to our incoming ftp site, preferably using WINDOWS Explorer and drag&drop:

ftp.ni.com/incoming

Then post again to the Discussion Forum and let us know what name you called it.  The fact that you were able to zip it down to 1/12 of its original size is an indication that the TDMS file is fragmented.  How big is the corresponding *.tdms_index file?

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 35
(6,793 Views)

Hello Brad,

Thanks for your note. The file is already posted to your incoming ftp site. It's name is Logdatei20110901-193043.zip. 

The original size of the corresponding index file is 91,963 kB. Do you want me to post this file, too?

Hope you can help me restoring the file containing measured data and maybe tell me why I'm not able to open it regularly.

Thanks and bye

Juergen

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 35
(6,786 Views)

Hi All,

This support request moved to email when we had to use the NI incoming ftp site.  For everyone else, the solution in this case was to delete the *.tdms_index file and then try loading the *.tdms file.  TDMS readers use the *.tdms_index file to determine the structure of the *.tdms file.  If the *.tdms_index doesn't exist, the TDMS reader will re-create the *.tdms_index index file when reading the *.tdms file.  If there's a problem in the *.tdms_index file, it can prevent you from reading a perfectly good *.tdms file.

It was also the case with this file that it loaded a bit slowly into DIAdem.  Once loaded into DIAdem and re-saved to disk, however, it loaded quite quickly.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 35
(6,769 Views)

Hi All,

Sorry, but it doesn't work!

Even after deleting the index-file, trying to load the tdms file, DIAdem 2011 tells me "TDS Exception in Initialize: Tds Error: TdsErrInvalidObjectId(-2507).

I attached the file *.log.

Still can't read the measured data.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 35
(6,761 Views)

Hi Juergen,

Sorry, I confused your TDMS file with another one I got the same day that WAS fixed with the index file delete method.  Then I posted the solution on the wrong thread.  I sent your TDMS file on to Yongqing for him to investigate.  I hope to see a post from him soon.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 35
(6,752 Views)

Hi Juergen,

We got your TDMS file, we are investigating the problem and will keep you updated if we have any result.

Could you please tell me in which version of LabVIEW or any other software you generated this file, and which language of LabVIEW, is that French or German edition?

Thank you.

Yongqing Ye

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 35
(6,739 Views)

Hello Yongqing,

We use LabVIEW 2009 V9.0 (32-Bit) running under OS Windows 7 Professional V6.1.

The LabVIEW edition has been German, but we changed the Display language to English (USA), recently.

If you need any further information please don't hesitate to ask me as the content of the tdms-file is very important for us.

Best regards,

Juergen

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 35
(6,643 Views)