From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error 2507 opening tdms-file

Hi,

Most of the contents of your file in binary are 0 at the tail. I cut off these meaningless 0s and the uncompressed file shrinks to 1.9BM. Now the file is readable. See the attachment.

Thanks,

Zaizhou Ma

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 35
(1,998 Views)

Hi zaizhou.ma,

thank you for your fast reply. The Problem is, that there are missing a lot of more data. The timestamp ends at 10:05 AM but should end at ca. 06:00 PM so i am missing the data of my hole experiment. Is there any possibility to recover these measurement datas?

I hope you can help me with that issue.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Rafael

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 35
(1,980 Views)

Sorry. I have double checked the file, but no more data are logged into it. There should be something wrong happened before flushing the data into tdms file.

Thanks,

Zaizhou Ma

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 35
(1,975 Views)

Hello. I got a same problem when open the TDMS file.

Error Message is  :: ERROR: TDS Exception in Initialize: Tds Error: TdsErrInvalidObjectId(-2507): 

i attach zip file. I have to recover this file.

please help me. 

Thanks.

+ADD -------

I can't attach zip file. Error occur when uploading file.

How can I attach Zip file?

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 35
(1,876 Views)

Hello. 

I upload files on ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming/Error TDMS (2).zip

Please, Check my TDMS File and solve 2507 error.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 35
(1,856 Views)

Last segments of these 2 files are incomplete. Cut them off and the file can be opened now. Get them from ftp://ftp.ni.com/outgoing/Error TDMS Recovered.zip.

Message 26 of 35
(1,841 Views)

I have recieverd the same "TDMS 2507 ERROR" and uploaded the zipped folder to the NI FTP Site.  The file name is "TDMS 2507 ERROR.zip".  Can you recover it for me?  Also can you explain how I can recover it myself or provide a VI that will recover if for me?  Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 35
(1,805 Views)

Hi,

There is no a tool to recover the TDMS files. There are too many cases to make a TDMS file corrupted that we are not able to provide a tool to cover all the cases. For your corrupted TDMS, I have spent more than a whole day to recover it with debugging. The main file is more than 822MB, but a few bits are random modified in the meta-data. It is so difficult to figure out all the possible modification. So far, I can only recover about 600MB data(75% of the original file). It is defragmented to 58MB and zipped to about 5MB. 

Message 28 of 35
(1,789 Views)

Hi there,

I have also the problem opening a quite large TDMS file (about 3.5 GB) from a long term test run (a few weeks). Unfortunately, I ran this test with my old software creating only a single tdms-file. My newer version already splits the measurements into several tdms-files and defrags them on the run.

However, I cannot open this file. I already tried to delete the index-file without any success.

Would it be possible to send the file (compressed) to you and you have a look?

I am using LV2013, Diadem 2014, Win 7 (German).

If you need more information please let me know.

Thanks for your support.

BR

Gernot

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 35
(1,643 Views)

Hi,

You can upload the file to ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming and reply the file name here. Then I can download it. Thanks!

Regards,

Zaizhou Ma

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 35
(1,630 Views)