From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rainflow function output format.

Hi there!

I am trying to figure out the format of the result channels of the rainflow function.
In detail:
What do the following channels contain: (German Version)

Rainfl_Matr_x  
Rainfl_Matr_y

I think I managed to figure out that the format of the Rainflow Matrix contains the start- and end classes of a hysteresis. Since there are several possible ways of formating the results of a rainflow classification, I would like to be sure what I´m working with. The help file does not say anything (useful) concerning this topic. I'm missing information about this feature in the help badly.
I would also be happy about details to the other results of this command as the Übergangsmatrix (crossing matrice??) and all the other output options.

Thanks for your help,

Hermann Neuburger
TU Graz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,377 Views)
Hi Herrman,

The result of the rainflow analysis in DIAdem is a matrix containing the minimum and maximum values of the counted hysteresis. That means, DIAdem is storing the results in a FROM-TO matrix. The X axis contains the FROM counting and the Y axis the TO counting.

I hope this info can help you.

Greetings
Walter
Message 2 of 3
(3,361 Views)
Thank you for your answer. You helped me a lot.

Note for the software developers: If you include the sentence above in the help, a lot of time of experimenting with this function could be saved.

greetings,

Hermann Neuburger
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,356 Views)