DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatical control of channel attribute label & visibility?

Is there a way to programmatically (through VBS) change the label of a channel attribute and to control which attributes are displayed in the Diadem->DATA->Channel Contents window?

Alternatively - if above is not possible - is there a way to save and load the present setup of the Diadem->DATA->Channel Contents window?

I would like to use the channel attributes - but need the ability to re-label them and to control what is seen by the user.

TIA - Bruce
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,578 Views)
Hi TIA Bruce,

There is no way I know of to programmatically change the attributes displayed in DIAdem DATA, but I can tell you how to interactively configure them, store that configuration in DIAdem's Desktop.DDD file, and if you wish also programmatically start DIAdem with that Desktop.DDD file, even from a VBScript.

First the interactive configuration. You can independently configure the attributes shown in both the DIAdem DATA "Channel contents" and "Channel overview" windows. Right-click on the attribute heading ("Channel name", "Comment") and select "Attribute selection...". You now have a dialog where you can configure the channel attributes to be shown from the list of all possible channel attributes. Note that on the left side you specify the ch
annel attribute, and on the right side you specify the name you wish to have displayed for that attribute.

Now to save what you've just done. Close all the DIAdem windows, leaving only the blank gray DIAdem-Shell. Click on the blue floppy icon at the top left of your screen and choose to save your current DIAdem settings into either your default Desktop file ("Desktop.DDD") or a new one. If you choose the default Desktop file, then with no further actions on your part any time hereafter that you start DIAdem, it will show exactly the DIAdem-DATA channel attributes that you have just configured.

It is possible to start DIAdem with a specific Desktop file from a Windows shortcut or from a running VBScript (which starts the new DIAdem instance and shuts down the one it's running in). Let us know if you want more info on either of those two topics.

Sincerely,
Brad Turpin
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,578 Views)