From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Excel file import

Hi,

What I understand is that DIAdem can read 2 billion values in one channel, but it can only import Excel files with less than 64K rows. Am I right? How about txt file? If a txt file has more than 64K, can it be imported? As for the plugins, I believe some have already been integrated with DIAdem 10, including the xls and cvs plugins, right? Do I need to download them again?

Thanks.
David
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(952 Views)

Hi David,

You are correct that DIAdem 9.1 and later can unequivocably load up to 2 billion (2^31) values per channel and up to 65k (2^16) channels.  The problem with these Excel files is that they are binary Excel files with more than 65k (2^16) rows, and Microsoft has not given us any method to load data from such a file.  The DataPlugin on the web site that loads Excel files uses the Microsoft ADO object, which treats the Excel file like a data base.  But this Microsoft object does not succeed with an Excel file containing more than 65k rows.  The DIAdem Excel Import Wizard also fails to load Excel files with more than 65k rows.  Microsoft Excel itself fails to load this file.

If this were instead an ASCII file, a DataPlugin could indeed load up to 2 billion rows into DIAdem.  Does your data acquisition device have the option to output ASCII files instead of Excel files?

Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(934 Views)