DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Bug: "Find" runs after a script finishes

Occasionally when a script finishes, Diadem will open the find dialog box. If i'm in the script panel, it will search for the last text I searched for.  It's as though I pressed ctrl-f after ever time the script runs. If the search text from the last time I ran a find operation exists in the script I'm on, it will go to that, other wise, I get an error that says text not found.

If i'm in the view panel and in a chanel table, and I finish a script, diadem opens the channel search dialog.  

Is there any way to disable this?  If it is a bug, it might be hard to find, since it only seems to happen after a few times of running scripts.  I don't know what starts it exactly, but once it starts, it always does it. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,072 Views)

Hi Russell,

I've never heard of this before.  Does this happen on more than one machine?  It is possible to cause keystroke events with VBScript-- you aren't by chance doing that in your code, are you?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,051 Views)

No, it always happens after the end of my script.  In fact, it happens after I acknowledge any error messages, so it's nothing in my code direcly causing this.  It could be something in my code indirectly causing this, but I have no idea what it is.  I have a lot of functions, so, there is no telling which is doing it.  Is there any log information I can collect for you? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,047 Views)

Hi Russell,

By any chance are you using InteractionOn() in your script?  What about other computers?

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,029 Views)

I have used it, but typically my scripts do not, and this bug will occur after a restart of Diadem without any calls to InteractionOn().  Not sure if it matters, but I am using 2014SP1. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,021 Views)

Hi Russell,

I asked about the InteractionOn because you can inadvertently get a number of instances of a script stacked up at the halfway through point, such that the end of one script will automatically start the next script in the stack.

Do you have UserCommands or startup script registered with the computer that has this issue?  Do any other computers have this issue?

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,002 Views)

Haha, I'm familiar with the stackup. That's caught me a couple of times. 

I do use a startup script to register global variables and add menu items in a few panels.  

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,000 Views)

Hi Russell,

Do you still get the ChnFind issue if you temporarily remove the UserCommmands and menus and global variable declarations?

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,992 Views)