From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overview of Changed Files Dialog

If I load a tdms file and make a change, on exit diadem will show the "Overview of Changed Files Dialog" with a row for my changed data set. However, the default file type is always TDM. Is there a setting or a specific loading method that will maintain the original file type of the data set when this dialog is shown? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,963 Views)

Depending on which version of DIAdem you're working with, you may be able to do this programmatically.  I was not able to implement the following functionality in 2015 SP2, but if you're working with an older version, you may have access to the required menu.  Check out this KnowledgeBase:  http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/209DEA09E68568F086256D4B00661E96

If it turns out that you do not have access to that menu, you can always use the "Save As" functionality in DIAdem before you get to the "Overview of Changed Files" dialog box.  It isn't the programmatic method you're looking for but it will achieve the desired end functionality. 

Matt | NI Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,899 Views)

Hi Matt,

I checked with R&D, and there is no way to influence which expected file format will display in that exit dialog.  They did say that it should agree with what you get when you start to export the current contents of the Data Portal.  Since for TDMS files the default saving format is TDMS, this is an inconsistency that should be addressed.

Thanks for pointing that out,

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,888 Views)

Thanks Brad, so it sounds like a bug? Is there any way to grab the data used to generate that box when diadem is closing? If so I might be able to create my own dialog to prompt the user to save using the appropriate file format.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,886 Views)

Hi Need,

You can use the below variable, command, property, and property to inform your program what modified state the Exit dialog will display.  That's all the info I have for you, though.

DataChanged
DataChangedClear()
View.LayoutModified 
Report.IsModified

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,871 Views)

Thanks Brad! There wouldn't happen to be similar properties for the script view?

Matt, thanks for the reply but I don't seem to have that option in my version of DIAdem.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,844 Views)

Hi Need,

Are you asking about whether the loaded SCRIPT workspace has changed, or whether the individual VBScripts loaded as tabs in the SCRIPT panel have changed, or something else?

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,833 Views)