From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCX controls in 64-bit DIAdem

Hello,

we are using Windows Common Controls from Microsoft, like MSComCtlLib, based on DLL like msconct2.ocx in 32-bit DIAdem dialogs as Active X objects. The controls are not recognized and are not usable by 64-bit DIAdem.

Do you know a way to avoid the issue, like start dialogs with 32-bit VBScript engine?

Any appropriate 64-bit Controls?

Other siggestion?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,942 Views)

Hello Sasha,

I suppose the OCX is compiled for 32-bit, so thats probaly the cause why it is not working in 64-bit.

You could start a dialog in the 32-bit version with the function "ExtProgram" when you start DIAdem 32-bit with a parameter as a startscript. The startscript would run the dialog and when finsihed close the DIAdem 32-bit instance. You probably have to load and save some kind of data in the 32-bit version to exchange information with the 64-bit instance.

Command: ExtProgram - DIAdem 2011 Help - National Instruments
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370859J-01/comoff/extprogram/

That anyone could help you with alternative controls, it would be good to know, what do you need those controls for?

Is there a 64-bit version for that library. Since that question (Any appropriate 64-bit Controls?) rather seems a Microsoft/non-DIAdem one, perhaps you should seek help for that part in a forum specialized with that.

Of course I try to help you along in all DIAdem related stuff.

Best regards,

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,913 Views)

Thank you Christoph,

we are using "MSComCtlLib.TreeCtrl.2" and "MSComCtlLib.ImageListCtrl.2" from 32-bit mscomct2.ocx. I have not found any 64-bit replacement for that OCX. So we will use firstly 32-bit DIAdem and will rewrite our dialogs to not use such a controls.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,885 Views)