From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple File Import Error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a vbs plugin that uses an existing NI plugin for .d7d files. My plugin parses file proparties to be more readable. When I try to import multiple files from the File Browser I get a plugin error. I am attaching some sample files and my plugin which requires the .d7d plugin for Dewesoft. 

Thanks,

Denis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(5,018 Views)

Hi Denis,

I turned your VBScript into a DataPlugin and used it to load both *.d7d files you attached when multiselected in the "Open" dialog of the NAVIGATOR.  I got no error using DIAdem 2015 64bit.  What version of DIAdem are you using?  Does it ever work?  If so, under what conditions does it work and which conditions cause it not to work?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(4,980 Views)

I get the error when I highlight multiple files and drag to the data portal. Using the open dialog works for me too so I can use that as a work around. I'm still curius why the drag and drop doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,976 Views)

This is an error in the underlying DEWESoft 7 DataPlugin.

We will fix this issue and post here when the new version is available.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(4,955 Views)

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(4,952 Views)

Is this still being worked on? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(4,401 Views)

Hi Denis,

I show that the DEWESoft7 DataPlugin was updated last on October 28, 2016.

http://www.ni.com/example/31505/en/

Hopefully this fix is in there,

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,321 Views)

The fix was not in that update.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,318 Views)

Hi Denis,

sorry for the late response. The DataPlugin was updated as Brad said, but you are right, the fix from this thread is not included. 

The error is, as posted before, in the DataPlugin itself. Unfortunately, while tracking down the issue, we found the error in a third party library. The fix will not be that straightforward. Opening the files works slightly different when using the open dialog than usind drag and drop.

Fortunately you have a workaround.

Greetings,

Uwe

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,291 Views)

I don't have a work around for pulling parts out of the search results window. So I am looking at having to pull 54 data files into the portal individually. Is there a script for loading all data files in the Search Results window into the data portal? I'm looking at the LoadData method for Navigator but the documentation is a bit lacking. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,279 Views)