From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Script Debugger not working after upgrading to DIAdem 2015 64bit (easy solution enclosed)

Hello everybody,

a colleague just came in asking me for help. He had just upgraded to DIAdem 2015 64bit, even re-installed the Microsoft Script Debugger (NT version, of course), but still could not debug his scripts (buttons greyed out).

We found an easy solution on the internet. I thought that it might be helpful to others as well which is why I am sharing this info with you all:

Just run

regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\pdm.dll"

on the command line and the debugger will be available again.

Source: http://www.diadem-forum.de/thread-497.html

Best wishes,

Sebastian

Message 1 of 10
(6,875 Views)

Dear Sebastian,

thanks a lot for your post! Since this seems to be a known issue, it will for sure be helpful to others.

Here another post, that explains how to solve it:

Microsoft Windows Script Debugger - DIAdem 2015 Help - National Instruments
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370858M-01/genscript/genscript/genscript_debugger/

Thanks again and have a nice day

Kathrin

Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,781 Views)

Greetings, 

To avoid opening a new Thread, I am bumping a little this one.

We are basically having the same issue after upgrading  from DIAdem 2012 to DIAdem 2015 64 bit (which is having the Debug tools greyed out for DIAdem scripts). We have both DIAdem 2012 and DIAdem 2015 installed, and the debug tools only works for 2012 version. We also tried, reinstalling and removing DIAdem 2012 version, with the same results.

We tried the solution mentioned above in this thread, as well as the one mentioned in this page: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/43FF8597FDD5057686256C1C007F9F96

We need help, can anyone guide us to right direction ? We will greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,817 Views)

Hi manny,

By any chance do you have Visual Studio installed on that same computer?  Or perhaps just the Microsoft Just In Time Debugger?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,769 Views)

Hi Brad,

Thank you for responding. Yes. I have several versions of VS (as well as the JIT debugger), and my colleagues (with the same problem) as well. We also have a PC that is having the same issue, but this particular one doesn't have VS, just the JIT debbuger. 

Manny

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,767 Views)

Dear Kathrin,

In my case, I am trying to download the "Microsoft windows script debugger" as indicated in the linked help page. However the link to the microsoft download page is a dead end. Any search for a "microsoft script debugger" on msdn does not lead to any "similar" product either.

Is there any updated "official" recommandation regarding DIAdem script debugging after the deprecation of the microsoft windows script debugger, or any product simular to it that can still be downloaded?

Thank you in advance for your time and effort

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,517 Views)

Hello GroundRunner,

according to NI's knowlegde base, you will not need to install the old MS Script Debugger if you have MS Office, Internet Explorer or Visual Studio already installed. These products come with a newer script debugger which can be registered to be available in DIAdem by running the following command:

DIAdem (64-Bit):
Regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\pdm.dll"

DIAdem (32-Bit):
Regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\pdm.dll"

Source: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370858M-01/genscript/genscript/genscript_debugger/

HTH,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,506 Views)

Hi GroundRunner,

The information is correct but there are some dependencies on your OS:

DIAdem (64-Bit) before Windows 10:
Regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\pdm.dll"

DIAdem (64-Bit) from Windows 10 onwards:
Regsvr32.exe "c:\Windows\System32\F12\pdm.dll"

DIAdem (32-Bit) before Windows 10:

DIAdem (32-Bit) from Windows 10 onwards:
Regsvr32.exe "c:\Windows\SysWOW64\F12\pdm.dll"

Winfried

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,500 Views)

Thank you very much for your replies.

As already stated in the contributions above, I only had to run the command

in admin mode. In order to do it I had to open the windows prompt in admin mode and type in the command.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,479 Views)

I heard, that registration of the pdm.dll does'nt work in WIN10 v1607.

Link

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,457 Views)