DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge Table Rows in One Column of Table

In short can it be done?

I have a report where I have a table with multiple rows and columns and I was wondering if there is a method where columns 1, 2, 3  & 5 have 5 rows but column 4 has only one cell that spans the entire physical distances as rows 1 - 5 of  the adjacent columns 3 & 5.

See below

Dump.png

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,090 Views)

Hi Tim,

Nope, as of DIAdem 2015 this is not possible with 1 table.  Your workaround is to create 3 tables and place them perfectly next to each other.  Note that now in DIAdem 2015 you can group REPORT objects together-- this makes it easier to manage such workarounds with multiple components.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,077 Views)
Tim,

I have been playing around in DIAdem 2015 and have not been able to configure a table (using either the table configuration window or a VBScript command) in the exact manner you mentioned. 

The closest format I have identified is in the below image. To get this configuration, turn off the 'Separator between the rows' option in the table's 'Display' options. You can then add a 'Background color' and an 'Alternating color'  in the table's 'Display' properties to simulate the horizontal lines removed (color striation). You can then go to 'Column Properties', choose your single-value channel, select 'Display', and give it a background color.

diademTable.PNG

Note, I did not find a method for vertically centering that single data value. Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Quentin Smith
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,076 Views)

Thanks Brad

Can you elaborate on how to "Group" table objects together?

Queue-tip 

Thanks for the idea.  I will look into this as an option. 

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,068 Views)

Hi Tim,

Sure.  Select multiple REPORT objects while holding down the "Ctrl" key, then click on the "Group" icon at the top right of the REPORT screen.  This is only available in DIAdem 2015 or later.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,064 Views)