From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meaning of "ParamP" in SFD_ProcessChannel -function (DAC: Script-block")

I don't understand the meaning of the parameter "ParamP" in SFD_ProcessChannel -function at all. Every time the SFD_ProcessChannel -function is called, ParamP is emty, is't it ?
Could everybody show me an example with ParamP is not empty ?

Martin Bohm
bohm@a3m.com

---
Diadem Help:

Syntax

SFD_ProcessChannel( ChannelNumberP, InputListV, ParamP, DataP, ErrorP )

Parameter

Globale Parameter

ParamP In diesem Parameter wird der Singalparameter aus der Bedienoberfläche des Script DAC-Treibers an die Funktion übergeben (sofern dieser nicht durch andere Funktionen des Scripts geändert wurde).

---
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,215 Views)
Its the value of the parameter you may enter individually for every configured channel in the Script DAC driver block in DIAdem.
The variable is not a vector variable - even though you can have several channels and different parameters.

This is because the ProcessChannels function is called once for every configured channel (and tact). ChannelNumberP shows you the index of the channel that is currently processed. So, if ChannelNumberP =1 ParamP contains the parameter of the first configured channel, if ChannelNumberP =2 ParamP contains the parameter of the second channel. (Same as with DataP).

Ingo Schumacher
Systems Engineering Manager CEERNational Instruments Germany
Message 2 of 3
(3,209 Views)
Thanks, I've got it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,205 Views)