DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading data with a registered data plugin

I'm kind of new to data plugins, so hopefully this is a simple question: 

In DIAdem 10.0, I opened a specially-formatted text file with the ASCII import method.  After going through all of the configurations, DIAdem asked me if I wanted to create a Data Plugin.  I said yes, and then renamed my special files to have a ".usg" extension.  In my "DataPlugin settings" I now see my special "USGDataPlugin" listed. 

I can successfully right-click on the file, go to "open-with" and select "USGDataPlugin" and it loads correctly.  However, "dragging and dropping" a ".usg" file into the Data Portal or right-clicking and choosing "Load" appears to use the ASCII import method rather than my USGDataPlugin. 

Thanks!
Julia Moeller

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,421 Views)

Hi Julia,

Maybe you find the solution for that in the properties of „My DataFinder“.

If you are in the properties dialog please select the tab “DataFinder” and verify whether the checkbox of your DataPlugin is set.

We don’t set it per default because otherwise the DataFinder would start crawling to index all files with the extension of your new DataPlugin immediately. And sometimes it make sense to have a look at the new DataPlugin before finally use it.

I hope this will solve the problem.

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,413 Views)

Thank you Walter!  This appears to work now.  My ".usg" files still have question-mark icons next to them, as the data finder indexes these files, will the question marks go away?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,400 Views)

Hi Julia,

Yes, but you may have to force the re-indexing of those files by removing the Search Area and adding it back (or removing the files and adding them back).  You may even need to kick off a manual re-index from the DataFinder properties dialog under the "Indexer" tab.  But then the question mark should go away.

Let us know if you still have trouble,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,397 Views)