DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading .d7d files using data plugin

Dear Brad,

I have openened by right clicking the file in the navigator panel and selecting Dewesoft7 plugin but I am getting the attached error screen.

Regards,

X. Ignatius

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(3,688 Views)

Hi Igni,

I don't suppose you happen to have that file open in another application, do you?  Do you get the same error with all files of these types, or just this one?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(3,673 Views)

Dear Brad,

Since the file is a dewesoft generated file. It is opening in dewesoft.

Yes I have the same error thrown with all the files with .d7d ext(dewesoft files).

Regards,

X. Ignatius

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(3,667 Views)

Hi Igni,

The question wasn't whether it CAN be opened in the Dewesoft application, but rather whether at the moment you're trying to load the file into DIAdem it HAPPENS to ALREADY be loaded into Dewesoft.  Some software applications place a lock on a file when they have it loaded, for example Excel.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(3,655 Views)

Dear Brad,

I am sorry, I have mis interrupted your question.

I tried with the evaluation verision of Diadem 2012 and found working fine, which means there is no specific lock in the file.

I have also tried opening in the other PC which had version 11.1 and found the same error thrown.

Regards.,

X. Ignatius

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(3,653 Views)

Hi Igni,

You're right.  If you can access that file with DIAdem 2012 and not with DIAdem 11.1, then I agree there's no file lock preventing it getting loaded into DIAdem 11.1.

fuhuan,

Any idea why you and Igni have a different experience loading this file into DIAdem 11.1?  The only thing I can think of is if a computer has DIAdem 11.1, then you install DIAdem 2014, say, you'll get the USI version that goes with DIAdem 2014, and it will persist even after you remove DIAdem 2014.  Yet, your screenshot clearly shows you don't have a super modern version of USI.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(3,643 Views)

Hi Brad,

I installed DIAdem 11.1 in a clean Win 7 32bit VM.

Igni, could you give me a screenshot of your DIAdem detailed information from “About DIAdem” (Help-> About)?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(3,630 Views)

Dear Fuhuan,

Pls find the attached details of the diadem installed in my PC.

Regards,

X. Ignatius

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(3,617 Views)

Hi Igni,

Fuhuan and I were both testing on Windows7 operating systems.  It looks from your screenshot like you're using WindowsXP.  When Fuhuan tested with WindowsXP, it turned out that the "DWDataReaderLib.dll" the DataPlugin uses has a missing dependency “msjava.dll”.

We are looking into options to get the DataPlugin to work with WindowsXP.  In the meantime, could you please test this on your end with a Windows7 computer and let us know if that works for you?

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(3,583 Views)

Hi Igni,

We asked DEWESOFT about this dependency in Windows XP, and this is what they said and recommended:

I took a closer look at the "msjava.dll issue" and came to the following observations:

DWDataReader.dll depends on kernel32.dll and advapi32.dll, so it actually has only basic Win library dependencies.  The problem, however, occurs on Win XP SP3 where advapi32 depends on msjava.dll (among all other dlls) which, unfortunately, is not installed on the system.  The msjava.dll is part of MS Java Virtual Machine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Java_Virtual_Machine), so my advice is to install msjvmx86.exe from:

http://www-03.ibm.com/services/econfig/announce/jvm_download.htm

Hope this helps,

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(3,570 Views)