DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading completely custom file formats

I have historic test data in about 5 different completely custom file formats.  Data is saved in raw int 16 and converted to engineering units at the time of loading.  Is this something that DIAdem is capable of doing?

I have not used the software before, but it is something I am considering implementing for our lab.  Answering this question is the first step in deciding if that is what we want to do.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,541 Views)

This is totally possible using DataPlugins as long as you know how teh data is structured. Do you have documentation for those file formats available / can you share it together with examples files?

If not, you will find documentation how to do this on www.ni.com/dataplugins and then "DataPlugins programmer’s guide". On the right you willl see a link to download a help-file

Message 2 of 5
(4,532 Views)

Thank you for the information. I do have access to the file formats (we wrote them after all...), and already have the ability to read them natively in both LabVIEW and C.

I could share them, and will if needed... but I will look in to the programmers guide to see what capabilities are available. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,528 Views)

Hi Bowen,

Here's the example DataPlugin closest to what you're describing.

Binary DataPlugin.png

You can also look at Exercise 5 from the DIAdem Hands-On, posted here:

http://www.ni.com/example/30393/en/

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,485 Views)

Thanks for the response. I got the plugin written, and it is working.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,472 Views)