DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load text value into text box

Hi All,

This sounds like it should be really easy to do but I cannot figure out how. I have loaded a group of channels into the data portal, the group contains 1 time channel and 5 string channels. In VIEW I can create a channel table and drop the data into it and I see all of my data values perfectly. Now what I want to do is display one of the string channel values in a Textbox but all I get by default is the channel name. I'm sure that the syntax must exist to get at the data value but I can't find it. Any help here greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,035 Views)

Hi nickstorton,

In stead of using a text box you can use a table in REPORT, like you did it in VIEW

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,015 Views)

Hi Walter,

Thanks for the reply. I agree I could do it that way to be able to see the data but the ultimate aim here is that this string value will be used to populate fields in a pre-defined report structure so I cannot change how it looks so I really need to get this value into a textbox.

Thanks again,

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,009 Views)

Hi Nick,

here is a script to add text channel entries to a text (comment) object in REPORT:

Dim oChn, oTextCtrl, iLoop
set oChn = Data.GetChannel("[3]/MyTextChn")
Set oTextCtrl = Report.Sheets("Page 1").Objects("Text1")
' in case of a comment object
'Set oTextCtrl = Report.Sheets("Page 1").Objects("Comment1").Comment
oTextCtrl.Text = oChn(1) 
for iLoop = 2 to oChn.Size
  oTextCtrl.Text = oTextCtrl.Text & vbCRLF & oChn(iLoop) 
next

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,001 Views)

Hi Walter,

Thanks for the very quick reply, I will give this script a go. Actually I was browsing through the example gallery and found a similar example to what I'm trying to achieve. If you have the time take a look at the Diesel Engine test example and in the top left corner there is a text box with the engine number in it. Now in the example this is simply free text but I would imagine that if this were a real application that engine number would be pulled in from somewhere, possibly the string value of a string channel?

Thanks again for your help with this,

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,994 Views)