DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licence Activation

In the help files it states, "To transfer your software to another computer, install and reactivate it on the second computer. You will not be prohibited from transferring your software from one computer to another."

Do you not have to "deactivate" the software from your previous installation?

How does the software know that you are ok to install the software on your new machine and that you are not installing it on multiple computers?

Thanks,

Si.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,410 Views)
Hello Si,
it all depends on the type of license you purchased. If its a user based license you have the right to install and activate the software on up to three computers at the same time, presumed only one user is actually using these installations.
A computer based license on the other hand must be activated on only one computer at a time. Nevertheless, of course you are allowed to move this license to another computer. To conform with the license aggreement, you must deactivate the license on the first computer. This can be easily done in the NI License Manager. Just right-click on the local license in the tree diagram and chose: deactivate.

Message Edited by IngoS on 08-10-2007 10:15 AM

Ingo Schumacher
Systems Engineering Manager CEERNational Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,400 Views)

Many thanks Ingo.

I tried "deactivating" my licence in the tree diagram by right mouse clicking over the words 'Advanced Edition' which has a green light and a status of 'Activated on this computer' and the only menu choice I got was 'Activate' !

I selected 'Activate' and got the usual GUI but there was no option to 'Deactivate'

Strange!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,395 Views)
That's kind of strange, indeed.
If the symbol is green this actually signifies that the license is active. Hence it would not make sense to activate again. I don't remember exactly since which version of the License Manager we have the deactivate feature, but there is another way to deactivate:
Go to the folder .\National Instruments\Shared\License Manager\Licenses, find the license you would like to deactivate and remove it from that folder.
Ingo Schumacher
Systems Engineering Manager CEERNational Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,389 Views)