From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to split measurement data to several data files automatically during a measurement (newbie question)

Hello,

i am a DIAdem-newbie and I have a question regarding data logging.

My task is to perform approx 200 tests and to log the temperature data of each test automatically. So at the end I want to have 200 data files with temperature data. Later this data has to be merged with the measurement data of some other measurement system, so it is important that the DIAdem data files and the files of the other system match (by file name and time stamp)

I have experimented a little bit with DIAdem and I find it quite confusing. I have a LabVIEW background and I expected DIAdem to be similar but I am missing a lot of things in DIAdem.

Ok, I have created a simple circuit in DIAdem with a triggered recorder. I want the file name to have a number which is increased after each measurement (e.g. measurement_0001). My trigger signal is generated externaly (by the other measurement system).

After starting the measurment I send several start and stop trigger signals. The recording seems to work, but when I check the recorded data afterwards, it is not like I want it to be:

I expected to find several data files. But I find only one data file which contains all the temperature data from start of the measurement to end. If I activate the external start trigger option in my recorder block (under functions > trigger) then the temperature is recorded only while the trigger is active, but stil all in one file - not splitted in several files.

So the question is: Is it possible to implement in DIAdem what I have described above?

If not, then I think LabVIEW might be the better choice of tool for my purpose, provided that it is available in my company.... 😕

The version of DIAdem I am using is 2012 (12.0)

Greetings from Germany

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,937 Views)

Hello Johannes_N,

you can generate a new Group in the data portal with triggers but you cannot change the file during a measurement.

But you can configure the data storage to create a filename automatically and use a little script to start measurements in a loop.

Ebenso Grüße aus Deutschland

Message 2 of 2
(4,886 Views)