From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interaction between 2 graphs in the VIEW panel

Hello everyone!

I am working on a project using DIAdem, but I can't figure out how to do something.

I want one of the graphs in the VIEW Panel to tell another graph (also in the VIEW panel) what to do. I guess something like a syncing problem.

An example of what I want to do:

Lets say I have 100 data files. 

The first graph will look like the "100max" image attached. 

Information on 100max:

x-axis: file index (number)

y-axis: maximum value of the particular file.

I want to move the curve cursor around in this graph, and I want the second graph to display the FULL information of the file under the cursor.

So if the cursor is at x = 21, I want the second graph to show the full information of file # 21.

The "EachGraph" image kind of displays what the full data contains, but with all 100 files. (I just want to show one at a time)

Is this possible with DIAdem? 

If so, any hints and advice are welcomed!!

Thanks will be in kudos!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,409 Views)

Hello kmyan9,

Yes, this can be defined in DIAdem. For this you can use one of the VIEW cursor events. The event calls a user command (VBScript function) if the cursor is moved. In this command, you define how to load the expected data. For this it is necessary to have a file which contains the path and name of the files which should be displayed and in addition a channel with the Index and some data which are displayed in VIEW.

Please have a look at the example.

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,377 Views)