From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration angular acceleration

I need to integrate an angular acceleration into an angle. This has to be done for a function.

The x-Achse goes from 0 to 219 seconds and there are about 219000 values given in the function. I can't integrate it.

Is anyone able to help me?

greetings, Johannes

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,615 Views)

Hi Johannes,

Have you tried the ANALYSIS function "Integrate" in the "Basic Mathematics" palette?  Nothing you've said so far sounds problematic.  What happens when you try to integrate the signal?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,601 Views)

Yes, of course I tried it.

The problem is, that I have to choose a "x" and a "y" channel.

I only want to integrate my angular accelaration. This acceleration is included in a RAW data file. This Channel contains the angular acceleration on the y-axis and the time (in seconds) on the x-axis.

So I don't know what I have to do with the x- channel!

Greetings, Johannes

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,591 Views)

Hi Johannes,

you've mentioned in your first post, that there is a timeline from 0 to 219 seconds with 219.000 values.

Why can't you use this channel?

Can you post a sample data file, so we can have a look and reproduce your problem?

Kind Regards,

Philipp K.

Applications Engineer | NI Germany

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,585 Views)

I already found a solution.

I transfered the waveform channel into a numerical channel. 

Now I got a time channel, synchronized to my signal.

All in all I'm able to integrate it now.

Nevertheless, thank you very much for your help 🙂

sincerely Johannes

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,578 Views)

Hi Johannes,

If your acceleration channel is a waveform channel, then you can use the Integrate function directly by selecting the acceleration channel for the Y channel and selecting empty/space/no channel for the X channel.  This is the first selection in the channel list and shows up as a blank row on top of all the channel names in the drop down-- you can select this blank row.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,571 Views)