From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent behavior of Curve2DPreview object with YAxisScalingType

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to plot a couple of DIAdem curves with VBScript. The only tool I found is the "Curve2DPreview" object.

The curves are an exponential decay of voltage. When shown in linear scale, they look like this: LinearScale.PNG

I put a button next to the plot to change to Log scale, and when I do the result is the following:

LogScale.PNG

Does anybody know how to solve this issue, and get the plot in the right possition?

More information: I have DIAdem2015, the four curves are waveform curves.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,367 Views)

Hello franco___

I tested this with DIAdem 2015 SP2, but was not able to reproduce it. Attached you find my test SUD which uses the Example data. If this doesn't help we need your SUD and the data.

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,343 Views)

Hi Walter,

Thank you for your answer. I believe I may have been unclear in my original submission, I only wanted the "Y" channel to be in log scale, and the "X" channel to keep the linear scale.

When I modify your SUD to keep the "X" channel always in linear scale I get the same results I got before.

For clarification: Linear-Linear scale (works ok) :

linear.PNG Log-Log scale (works ok):

log-log.PNG

Log-Linear scale (doesn't work):

log-linear.PNG

And the same three scale combinations but in the standard DIAdem viewer:

diadem.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,334 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author franco__

Hi franco__,

You are right this is not correct. The only work-around is to convert the waveform channel into a X/Y channel pair and display this. I hope we can fix the proble for the next DIAdem release.

Greetings

Walter

Message 4 of 5
(3,327 Views)

That worked, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,321 Views)