DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing a specific binary file

I'm trying to import a binary file into DIAdem but I can't figure out how. Please help. I wanted to attach an example binary file but the forum won't allow it. I am attaching a text file with what the data should look like when the binary file is converted. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,122 Views)

Hi stein,

You can post the data file if you zip it first, but you'll also need to post an exact file format description.  In order to read the binary file into DIAdem, we'll need to create a DataPlugin that knows how the data is stored in the binary file.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,093 Views)

I don't know the exact format of how the file is set up but I am attaching a VI we use to convert the binary to a .txt file. Please let me know if you need anything else.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,048 Views)

Hi stein,

Given that you already have a VI to read the binary file, and that it appears to be stored as a collection of LabVIEW clusters, I'd recommend that you use the LabVIEW DataPlugin SDK to turn your existing VI into a LabVIEW DataPlugin.

http://www.ni.com/example/31016/en/

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,026 Views)

How much of Labview do I need to know to create the plug in? Is there something that can convert the VI to a plugin to use for DIAdem? I'm not very well versed in Labview. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,017 Views)

I'm not a programmer and am very green when it comes to writing code. Is there anyway I can get a plugin created for reading the binary file? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,995 Views)