DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import data *.mev

Hello,

i have to import some data in the *.mev format. I 'm not an expereienced writer of data plug-ins. In the header, i have 16 lines and in every one of this lines i have the description of one channel (channelnumber, scale, offset, unit and name). I would like to multiply channel one with the scale of channel one and add the offset of channel one, but i can't see how i can do this. in the attached zip is an original data set and a jpeg, which shows the structure of the data set. so im searching a plugin for a similar header, which i can adapt for my data set.

greez and thanks

Werner
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,796 Views)

Hello siipo,

Is there any documentation available which describes the file format ? Which application creates it ?

It would be helpful to have more than one file to double check which parts of the file are the same for all files.

E.g. Is the channel information always available for 15 channels, even if there are less channels containing data ?

Is the layout of the file header always the same ?

If you could provide some more information it would be easier to help with the plugin.

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,784 Views)
Hello,

in the attached 2.zip are some more data files and a documentation about the file format. the channel information is always available for channel 0 to channel 15, even when the channel contains no data. If there is no data in the channel, there is for scale, offset and unit a - (minus) instead of values. The header has always the same layout. There is no difference if to chanels contain data or 15 channels contain data.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,768 Views)

Hello siipo,

Please copy the attached file to your machine, unzip it and double click the .uri file. You should then have a DataPlugin attached to the .mev file extension. It worked with the files you sent me. Please let me know how it goes.

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,762 Views)
Hello,

I tried it and I became a messagebox which said, that the konfigfile could not be applied, because it was build with a newer usi than i have. im operating diadem 10.0 SP1 on a laptop with windows xp sp2

greez
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,756 Views)

Hello siipo,

Please try out the attached plugin which should work with your version of DIAdem.

Andreas

Message 6 of 8
(3,754 Views)
hello

i tried it and it works with all my different files.

many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,749 Views)

Siipo,

I do have a question regarding the plugin which I'd like to discuss with you offline. Would you mind to send me your contact info to andreasDOThaubATniDOTcom ?

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,747 Views)