From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use "Load Concat..." feature of DIAdem example: Evaluation Wizard for the Search Results of the DataFinder

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm running DIAdem 2014, and am trying to use a DIAdem example feature to concatenate signals spread across several *.tdm files. The example is found in "Examples >> Mining and Loading Data >> Evaluation Wizard for the Search Results of the DataFinder.

Per the example page, I click the 'Start example' link, which ran some scripts to completion and presented the Navigator panel with a search query executed. I see the right-click menus change according to the context, i.e. In the "File Browser" tab, when I right-click the file name, I see "Load Concat Files"; when I right-click a group, I see "Load Concat Groups", and so on. However, no matter what I try, I have not been able to successfully load a concatenated channel (or group or file) into the Data Portal.

For further simplicity, I even tried the operations with the attached files. Each file contains one group 'Gp1' with one 'time' channel, and one 'signal' channel. In the RampUp file, two samples are present, i.e. (0, 0) and (100, 100). Therefore I expect a view showing a straight line with slope 1. The RampDown file also contains two samples; i.e. (200, 100) and (300, 0). Therefore, i expect a view showing a straight line with slope -1 (starting at timestamp 200). The concatenated data must therefore show a trapezoidal waveform made out of four samples.

What I tried (at all leveles - file, group and channel, description below is for channel level):

1. Select 'Signal' from RampUp; then <Control> click 'Signal' from RampDown. Then right-click 'Load Concat Channels'. No response.
  2. Select 'Signal' from RampUp; then <Control> click 'Signal' from RampDown. Then drag into Portal. A group is created with two channels 'Signal' and 'Signal1'. (This is the normal behavior which I'm familiar with.)
  3. Select 'Signal' from RampUp; then right-click 'Load Concat Channels', then <Control> click 'Signal' from RampDown. Then drag to portal. A group is created with two channels 'Signal' and 'Signal1'.
  4. The above three approaches, with both, 'Time and 'Signal' selected in each case. Similar responses, with 'Time' channel also added to the Portal.

What am I doing wrong? And how do I get the expected result?

Thank you.

Vishak

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,295 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dhakkan

Hello Vishak,

We must analyze your problem; in the meantime I would like to point to a second example for concatenating channels. It works with already in Dataportal loaded channel groups.

Please open the example help and run “User Defined Evaluations in DIAdem ANALYSIS”.

It creates a new toolbar in ANALYSIS. Open it and choose “Specify Evaluations”. This opens a dialog to define new icons for own made analysis functions. One of these examples provides the concatenation.

Load your files into the Dataportal and open the concatenation function. With the following settings you can concatenate the data. If you would like to have waveforms you can do that in a second step.

Bild3.png

I hope this can help.

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,288 Views)

Thank you, Walter.

I'll try out the alternative you provided. In the meantime, i would very much appreciate if one could help me follow through the example used the the opening post; as the idea of concatenating data even before they are loaded into DIAdem Portal is quite appealing.

Thank you,

Vishak

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,284 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dhakkan

Hi Vishak,

I tried both DIAdem 2014 and DIAdem 2014 SP1 with your VSRampup.tdm and VSRampdown.tdm data files, and the Search Results Wizard example concatenated them just fine every time.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,238 Views)

Hello Walter and Brad,

First off, a very Happy New Year to you!

I uninstalled and re-installed DIAdem on the same machine. Right off the bat, the 'Load Concat' example worked! It appears that some setting loaded from an earlier project in my DIAdem environment is causing a conflict. Time for me to do more analysis...

Thank you very much for your respective responses. The alternative solution that Walter provided is also a very good one.

Best regards,

Vishak

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,110 Views)