DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch off Datafinder

Hello

We work with a database and don't use the DataFinder service of Diadem.
How can I switch off DataFinder - in the way it doesn't launch the next time Windows starts?

Thanks
James Code
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,488 Views)

Hi James,

The DataFinder acts for all the world like a service, but by default it installs as a startup process under the user account.  Go to a DOS shell and type the folloing command:

"msconfig"

Now select the "Startup" tab and uncheck the "DataFinder" startup item.

Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,467 Views)
Hello James!

Brad's recommendation will only avoid the start of the DataFinder on the OS startup. The next DIAdem start will launch it and it will run even if you finish DIAdem. Unfortunately there is no setting to prevent this.

Matthias
Matthias Alleweldt
Project Engineer / Projektingenieur
Twigeater?  
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,461 Views)
Hi James,

To switch off the DataFinder you must do two things. The first one is like Brad's description. For the second one you must go to DIAdem>>NAVIGATOR>>Settings>>Options>>NAVIGATOR. For External Data use "Data stores" and browse to "My DIAdem 9.1". Than save this settings in the Desktop.DDD file and restart DIAdem.

Greetings
Walter
Message 4 of 6
(4,453 Views)

Hi All

Thank you for your answers. The two things, switch off at system start and in DIAdem, works well.

So, I guess theres no possibility to uninstall DataFinder?

James Code

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,385 Views)
Hello James,

You are right. That is not possible. The DataFinder is an essential component of the data management for external data in DIAdem.

Greetings
Walter
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,348 Views)