DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve a list of all DAC objects?

I am working on a project that utilizes an outside program to set various settings in a DAC scheme. I would like to retrieve, programmatically, a list of all DAC objects currently present. Is there a way to do this? Alternatively, is there a way to reference DAC objects in some way other than using their names, making it possible to iterate through all objects?

Thanks in advance,
Luke
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,108 Views)
Hi Luke,
I don't understand, why do you need a list of all blocks in a scheme.
If you don't create a new block with your external program (only change the params in the blocks), you know all block-names, because you create the scheme.
So put the block-names in an array and iterate through the array.

Another idea is to try to extract the informations what you want from a dac-scheme using the dac-scheme as a ASCII-file.
Open a dac-scheme with a ASCII-editor to look for the terms you need.

greets Andreas

Volkswagen AG
Wolfsburg - Germany
Message 2 of 3
(3,094 Views)
Thank you for your suggestions. In reality I don't know the names of all the objects in the DAC as this program enables people to setup a custom DAC as part of a larger template. What names they choose will be relatively unavailable to me.

Also, I need to, in the end, enable this to work with not only the English version of DIAdem, but also the German version. Unfortunately, each uses different default names for items in the DAC, further complicating my situation.

I have also discovered that going through the DAC as if it were an ascii file does work, although had not discovered it until after I posted this. (I left it up, hoping there might have been a more offical solution).

Thanks again for your help,

Luke
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,087 Views)