DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to plot data in a diadem 2d-axis object using OLE ?

I've been trying to plot a simple xy chart in the diadem report panel via an OLE interface. I've managed to create the data channels, worksheets and a 2d-axis object, but havn't figured out how to plot the data channels.
Ideally I'm looking for some example code showing how to use the OLE toCommand/toDatasheet interfaces to create the 2d-axis object and plot one or more channel pairs,
cheers,
Aled 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,267 Views)

Hi Aled

How to modify or create an axis system is described in several articles of this forum, e.g. http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=60&message.id=3802#M3802

You ask how to modify it using ole. I attached a simple script that you can use as a base for you task. (For DIAdem 9.1)

Instead of using a reference to a channel with the syntax "[1]/[1]" you can use the names of the channels e.g. "[1]/Time" or "Example/Time"

Hope this helps.

Winfried

Message 2 of 3
(3,253 Views)

Thanks winner,

I managed to get it all working, though it was not so straightforward as I was coding with Borland c++Builder.

Just for the record:

MyToCommand->TextVarSet(TOleString("D2ChnX"),Variant("[1]/[1]"));
MyToCommand->TextVarSet(TOleString("D2ChnY"),Variant("[1]/[2]"));

Produced an error message "incompatible types in assignment" in diadem, (TOleString is a class provided by Borland that takes a char* - necessary for compilation where a BSTR input is required)

So next I tried:

MyToCommand->TextVarSet(TOleString("D2ChnXName"),Variant("[1]/Alpha"));
MyToCommand->TextVarSet(TOleString("D2ChnYName"),Variant("[1]/CL"));

This added a curve to the plot but no data were plotted, the channel names assigned to the curve were "[1]/Alpha" instead of "Alpha" etc., so I guessed

MyToCommand->TextVarSet(TOleString("D2ChnXName"),Variant("Alpha"));
MyToCommand->TextVarSet(TOleString("D2ChnYName"),Variant("CL"));

And that worked fine

Thanks again

Aled

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,244 Views)