DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to interface bronkhorst flow meter RS232 communication in DIAdem DAC?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am Thiyagi.I am working in WABCO INDIA LTD. I procured Bronkhorst Flowmeter. I am using DIAdem DAC Professional version. I want to interface the Flowmeter to DIAdem.Flowmeter have a RS232 communication. In my pc I have a COM1 port. In DIAdem DAC which icon i want to use for communicating the Flow meter.

Thanks
Thiyagarajan.S
WABCO Vehicle Control System
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,919 Views)

Hello Thiyagu,

To measure data from  front end devices via RS232 you need to create a VBScript. In this script you define the necessary commands for the communication between DIAdem DAC and the front end. I've attached the description for the DIAdem Script Driver which uses this script. You find the driver in the DAC toolbar "Driver Inputs":

DAC.png

If you open that DAC block you find the option to create a template for a serial driver. This template contains all necessary structures and you "only" need to add the hardware specific commands.

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,914 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thiyagu

Hello Thiyagu

You may have succeeded already, but still, here is what I used to do:

I have done this with Bronkhorst and Brooks mass flow meters and have had quite good success using their DDE (dynamic data exchange) method. For this, download their FlowDDE software from Bronkhorst.com, start the DDE driver and get it to communicate with the MFM. Once this works, insert a DDE lockk into the DIAdem DAC, configure it appropriately and it should work.

Greetings

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,396 Views)