DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a DAC block inside a sub-block by using script?

Hello,

how can I delete a DAC block that’s inside a sub-block diagram using a script?

The command

call SCHEMELOAD("xxx")

call BlDel("yyy")

only deletes blocks that are in the highest level of the actually loaded block diagram, not blocks that are in a sub-block diagram. (DIAdem 2012)

regards,

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,492 Views)

Hi Eric,

There are just a view script commands to modify DAC blocks. They are mainly used to manipulate functions, scaling’s, channel names or similar block parameter. As I know is there no command to delete sub block

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,484 Views)

Hi Walter,

I don't need to delete a sub-block, I'd only like to delete blocks which are placed inside a sub-block.

All other commands I tried work for blocks no matter where they are inside a block diagram. For exaple: You can put a math formula block inside a sub-block wich is inside a sub-block which is inside a sub block and it does change the formula by script command.

But when using the command Bldel it deletes all blocks but not the ones inside a sub-block.

regards, Eric

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,395 Views)

Some news about that issue:

When the script is started by a desktop link like this:

"C:\Program Files\National Instruments\DIAdem 2012\DIADEM.exe" /CScriptStart('"Script_Pfad"')

it works! BlDel deletes blocks inside sub blocks.

But when it’s run by pressing „play“ in the opened DIAdem SCRIPT module it doesn’t work.

I tried it on several machines. Same result. Seems to be a bug in DIAdem 2012 SP1?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,151 Views)