cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the tdms-File icon?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

for some unknown reasons some of my tdms-files have different icons when I open the tdms files in Diadem. Some have

a sandglass icon and only change the icon when I click on the "+" symbol of the file itself.

Diadem.PNG

Does anyone know this issue and how can I solve it automatically in order not having any sandglass icons anymore?

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(6,322 Views)

Hi Norick,

the hourglass means that these files are beeing indicated by the datafinder. This might take a while.

If you update the view (F5), they should appear like the other files. This is also what happens when you press the plus.

Cheers, RMathews

Ramona Lombardo
Applications Engineer, NI Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(6,285 Views)

Hello Mathews

thanks for the response. Is it possible to do it automatically in Diadem or with a Labview code?

cheers

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(6,283 Views)

You can try searching the web how to send via VBScript a F5 command and use that in SCRIPT.

For LabVIEW here you have an example.

Ramona Lombardo
Applications Engineer, NI Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(6,271 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Norick_17

Hi Norick_17,

the hourglass is presented for the case DataFinder did not already index these files.

This could be of several reasons:

• There are a lot of never indexed file in that folder, so it takes a while for DataFinder to index -> This is when F5 helps to refresh the display
    The script code for this is: Navigator.Display.CurrDataFinder.Browser.RefreshAll
  • The indexing process has stopped for a different reason. You can manually trigger re-indexing n MyDataFinder or DataFinder Manager by right-click on the folder and choose "Index Folder"
    The script code for this is: Navigator.Display.CurrDataFinder.GetDataFinder.Indexer.IndexFolder

Greetings from cloudy Aachen

Stefan

Message 5 of 18
(6,181 Views)

Hello Stefan

this is exactly the solution I was looking for 🙂

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(6,165 Views)

Stefan

is there a way to update (refresh) the tdms files from Labview as well? How can I do it?

The problem is, that I can not find specific data in the tdms files from Labview due to the problem that the tdms-file(s) are not yet

indexed. In other words I would like to update (refresh) all tdms-files automatically without opening Diadem first and run a script

file for example.

best regards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(6,085 Views)

Hi Norick,

Do you have the LabVIEW DataFinder Toolkit?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(5,972 Views)

Hi Brad

yes I have.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(5,964 Views)

Hi Norick,

You should be able to use the "Index File" or "Index Folder" method of the Invoke Node on the LabVIEW DataFinder Toolkit palette to "nudge" the files you want to index.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(5,951 Views)