DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automaticaly associates a scale to a curve within a legend

Hello
I would like to automatically write the name of the scale related to a curve on  the legend, How can i do that
Having for example five curves on a report, curve 1 on scale1, curve é on scale 3, curve 3 and 4 on scale 2, and curve 5 on scale four, how can i build a text in legend stating curve 1: blablabla: scale 1, curve 2: blavblabla: scale 3, and so on and that automatically.
Many thanks for answer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,638 Views)

Hi CXR1,

Thanks for posting here. There is a way to do it programmatically. I use property nodes here and create a reference on my graph. Have a look onto all the options that are accessible trough this way. And notice we have to set "active curve" each time we want to work on a different one. This kind of use are available in the training LabVIEW Basic II. You can came here and follow this course (maybe with me :D). Please give us a call if you are interested.

Best Regards

BRAUD Jean-Philippe
Field Sales Engineer - Nord et Centre France
LabVIEW Certified Developper
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,620 Views)

Hello,

Of course, We have planned to follow the training curse, somewhere in Q3, but the question has been asked now, and the answer can not be delayed up to that time.

If You can be more helpfull, it will be kind.

Myself i find a solution using the Y axis  parameter attached to the curve object, and putting the value to a global variable which can be used in the legend. But it is just a trick.

A+

Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,601 Views)

Hello CXR1,

Here is a code that do what you want.

Enjoy 😄

BRAUD Jean-Philippe
Field Sales Engineer - Nord et Centre France
LabVIEW Certified Developper
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,586 Views)
Hello Mr Braud

I thank you for your reply, but I thougth i was asking question on the DIADEM blog not on the LABVIEW. It is very interesting for me to how to do what I want with LABVIEW, but it would much more intersting if it for DIADEM
Best regards,
CXR1
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,576 Views)

Hi CXR1,

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the "Y-scale".  Do you mean which Y axis each curve is associated with-- say on a graph with 3 Y axes and 2 curves on each Y axis (total of 6 curves)?  Or do you mean some other quantity (such as channel unit) which is related to the Y axis but is actually stored as a channel property?

Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,561 Views)

Hello Brad,

I exactly mean I have for Instance 2 curves on Y axis 1,  3 on y axis 2  and so on.  I would like to use the legend to let the user know which curve is related to which Y Axis

Thank if you can reply

CCR1

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,558 Views)