From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply Low pass filter in Analysis to the signla for specific time duration ?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have doubt regarding Analysis –Digital Filter –Low pass filter. I want to apply this filter to specific time Period in Signal not whole signal.

For example :

I have signal of time length 1000 sec. I want to apply this filter only from 200 – 300 sec duration, not to the whole signal.  How can I do it in DIAdem.

Please help me regarding the same.

Best Ragards,

Koustubh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,747 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kdshirkemch

You can copy the range to be filtered using flags and cursors in VIEW like this:

FFT.PNG

Then you can use a VIEW table --> right click "Block Operations" with Copy function to replace the original part in the red channel with your filtered part in the green channel.

Activate recording mode in scipt to automate this.

Christian
CLA, CTA, CLED
Message 2 of 4
(3,698 Views)

Hello Christian,

guten Morgen und vielen danke  fuer deine Antwort !

But I haven't understood second part , replacing the filtered signals in old one.

Best Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen,,

Koustubh Shirke

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,686 Views)

Hey,

You can do it like this:

1. After copying a signal range like described before, open the coordinates windows (View --> Display Coordinates) and remember the starting index P1 of the first cursor (make sure "Curve Cursor" mode is active)

2. Right click your 2D axis system in VIEW and choose "Display Type" --> "Channel Table" or alternatively create a new area in VIEW with type "Channel Table" and add the original and filtered signal to the table

3. Right click somewhere in the table and choose "Block Operations"

4. Choose "Copy data" and select the filtered channel as "Block origin" and "Block end" and enter First Row = 1 and Last Row = Length of the filtered channel

5. Target channel is your original channel. Enter P1 index from step 1 here

6. OK

In script this is very easy using the DataBlCopy command:

dim ChnSource, ChnTarget
ChnSource = "[2]/FilteredSignal"
ChnTarget = "[2]/Noise_1"
Call DataBlCopy(ChnSource, 1, CL(ChnSource), ChnTarget, View.ActiveSheet.Cursor.P1)

Make sure "curve cursor" mode is activated in VIEW. The script then used the first cursor as starting point to replace the data.

Hope this helps.

Christian
CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,675 Views)