DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a menu item to the toolbar?

Hi,

I try to add a menu item to a module toolbar. However, the methods MenuItemAdd and MenuItemInsert did not work for me. There was no icon, no placeholder, not anything. Deleting of DIAdem predefined icons worked well.

I tried this one:

call MenuItemAdd("SCRIPT", "I", "MENUITEM", "TestName", "PicDelete")

I also tried all combinations of Modules, I, I.1, MenuItem, Unknown, Separator, etc. Nothing produced any result.

Does anyone have a hint for me?

thanks in advance,

Alex.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,322 Views)
Hello Alex Maier,

with DIAdem 10.0 we provide the following example: "User Defined Menus". Attached you find the relevant script commands.
I hope this will help you.

Greetings
Walter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,319 Views)
First, thanks for your answer.

Actually, it does not solve my problem. This script installs a new menu in the menu bar, not in the toolbar.

I want to add a new icon in the toolbar with the parameter "I" as the second parameter. But the toolbar doesn't show up a new icon.

BTW: In my opinion it is risky to use
Call MenuReset
Even in a demo script since it will delete previously installed menu entries, too.

Is there a possibility to install a new icon in the toolbar?

thanks,
Alex.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,315 Views)

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. No, currently we don't support changing the toolbars in DIAdem. But - as you already know - it is possible to cerate own user menus. I will add your suggestion - to have user defined toolbars - in our suggestion list.

Greetings
Walter

PS Thank you for your menu tip.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,312 Views)