From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you change the bloody default trace width?

I cannot find any setting in the options that will change this.

I am tired of having to continually select all traces and change their width!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,217 Views)

Hi GregaryB,

There is not a comprehensive setting in DIAdem 2015 or previous version to make a certain line width the default for all new curves created.  For the corner case of channel expansion, it is possible to specifiy the desired curve width for all curves ahead of time, but chances are good that this does not apply to your specific situation.

I would recommend a VBScript integrated into the REPORT panel as a custom icon.  The only question is what to have the script do, and that will depend on your most common use cases.  I could send you a script that selects all the curves on all the graphs of the currently active REPORT sheet.  Then you could use the existing icon in REPORT to change the line width of those curves to whatever you choose.  Or I could send you a script that simply sets all the curves of all the graphs of the currently active REPORT sheet to 0.5, say, with only one click.  Or you might want to change all the curves on all the sheets.  

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Message 2 of 3
(4,192 Views)

Brad,

I would be interested in this one!

"Or I could send you a script that simply sets all the curves of all the graphs of the currently active REPORT sheet to 0.5, say, with only one click."

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,144 Views)