DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I section data file to get multiple series from one data file?

I have a datafile that has multiple channels. I want to be able to plot all the values of two channels and also plot sections of the same two channels based on the value of a third channel. I can make different channels to section the file which is time consuming. Is there a more efficient way to do this and plot sections of a file instead of all the data?

Thanks

Shevon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,787 Views)

Hi Shevon,

You can always plot a particular X1 - X2 range on the x axis, so in that case you just need to know the row range or x value range that corresponds to that 3rd channel's value.  The only other option is to carve out that row range and save it to a new XY channel pair, typically in a new group.  Are you struggling to get the row ranges, to set X1 - X2 graph x axis range, or to carve out the rows range into new  channels?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,766 Views)

Hi Brad,

I believe what I'm looking for is a way to plot a particular X1-X2 range. I would also want to plot multiple sections of the 'X' range on the same graph. I have attached an excel file with sample data showing what I'm trying to do with more detail. 

Thanks

Shevon

Message 3 of 6
(4,756 Views)

@shevonv wrote:

Hi Brad,

I believe what I'm looking for is a way to plot a particular X1-X2 range. I would also want to plot multiple sections of the 'X' range on the same graph. I have attached an excel file with sample data showing what I'm trying to do with more detail. 

Thanks

Shevon

I TOTALLY second this need/request by Shevon.

My solution has to be dynamic, I've got a dozen charts and the size of data changes every time.

The graphing packages out there like Tablaeu do a great job of "group" splitting for graphing. Would be great for Diadem to support this natively. Those package suck on scientific analytics.

Anyways, back on track...I tried recording a script of how to do this manually, then I could build loops, but alas, the script routine doesn't capture the curve selection properly (in View) so I'd have to do this from scratch, UGH. Don't have time for that today.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,700 Views)

Hi shevonv,

I'd say you have two options.  You can break out those row ranges into multiple groups of 2 channels each, one group for each distinct channel3 value, OR you could plot your markers on a 3D graph with surface type "Points", rotated to show only the XY plane, then use the "Palette..." color to pick the color ranges to match the distinct values in channel3.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,666 Views)

How do I start the example?  The script loaded, but no other prompt occurred.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,610 Views)