DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I page through a very large query result.

I have a very large query result from datafinder. I need a way to page trough it. Can I get an aswer of whether or not this is posible, and if it is, can I get some sample code or a link to the docummemtation that shows how to do it.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,331 Views)

Hello JRafols,

What do you mean by page?

I found a couple articles that you might find helpful in order to optimize some custom properties:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6C168D663DADF7BD86257537006D3694

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370858K-01/dlgnavigator/dlgnavigator/navi_search_optimized_p...

Regards,

Carmen C

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,286 Views)

Hello JRafols,

What do you mean by page?

I found a couple articles that you might find helpful in order to optimize some custom properties:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6C168D663DADF7BD86257537006D3694

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370858K-01/dlgnavigator/dlgnavigator/navi_search_optimized_p...

Regards,

Carmen C

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,286 Views)

Hello Carmen.  Thank you for the reply.

What I meant by Paging is that I have over 80,000 files I need to query but the maximum size I am getting from the result is 32,000.  How to I page trough the remaining 48,000+ files?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,236 Views)

Hello JRaflos,

The maximum number of query results is currently limited to 32,000 by the variable used to hold the query results. This is from the help system:

Specifies the maximum number of search results that DIAdem determines. You can enter values from 1 to 32,000 (MaxNoSearchResults). The default value is 200.

I have asked the R&D team if we can expand that variable to a higher number. I assume the limitation is due to concerns about users assuming that DIAdem has stopped working if very large number of query results are obtained.

I assume you have already thought about using additional query parameters to lower the number of returned items ...

I'll have someone from R&D post here or add a response myself once I know if we can get something changed for the DIAdem 2015 release (we won't be able to change this for older releases though).

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,225 Views)

Thank you for the reply Otmar.

Lets wait and hope.

Keep us posted.

Thank you.

Jose A Rafols

ETS - Software Engineer

Honeywell Aerospace of Puerto Rico Inc.

San Antonio Industrial Park

Road #110 North Km. 5.9

Aguadilla, PR 00604

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,212 Views)

Hi Jose,

please try DIAdem 2015 by registering to the beta propgram.

With DIAdem 2015 searching you can

• Use a column-oriented search to return up to 2.5 million resul cells; which is 2.5 million results for a single property, or 250.000 results for 10 properties or 100.000 results for the maximum of 25 result properties.
    Use the column oriented search if you intend to search for properties and load the properties (columns) into the DIAdem data portal.
    (Please note, I case you're using a DataFinder server, the column oriented searching requires DataFinder Server Edition 2015 also available for beta preview)
  • Use the FreeElementList to combine search results of different searches. Use AddElementList to either create a union, an intersection, or other logical combination. For instance, you can also use this to get results for channel.name=time and channel.name=temp by applying a first search with channel.name=time, add it to an empty FreeElementList and a consecutive search with channel.name=temp and use AddElement(DataFinder.ResultsElements, ListMergeModeIntersection) to create the intersection.

Both search options are also supported in case you're using a DataFinder federation, a DataFinder ASAM ODS server or any other ASAM ODS server.

Greetings from sunny Aachen

Stefan

Message 7 of 7
(5,207 Views)