DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I fix "could not be added to AVI control" error?

How do I fix "could not be added to AVI control" error? I get this error when loading a file via the Clip/Insight Player.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,101 Views)
Hello acacord,

are you working with an AVI using the Indeo codec? On Windows XP, after installing the service pack 2, files using this particular codec cannot be played if they are placed in the temporary Windows folder. This is due to Windows restrictions, not to CLIP.

If you run a cip file in CLIP, it would unpack all its content (including the AVI) to that temp folder and play the video from there - which is not possible.
With the current version, all CLIP examples are using the Radius codec instead ov the Indeo. As you can see ich you make a test with one of the example projects - it is working well.

So in your case, just use a different codec than the Indeo.
Ingo Schumacher
Systems Engineering Manager CEERNational Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,097 Views)
Thanks for the response. The problem files were given to my company be an expert hired by defense counsel (we're a plaintiff's firm, they're not playing nice). I can't exactly get the files out of the cip file to recompress with another codec and I don't have the source files to recreate the cip file from.

My options are limited, as I only see making the version I have play in its current state. Any more ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,092 Views)
If you have access to a Windows XP PC without the servicepack 2, try on this one - or use a Windows 2000 computer.  Another solution I dontknow.

Allthough CLIP unpacks the AVI file to the temporary windows folder you cannot access it from there. This is because CLIP alone owns the access rights and after CLIP is terminated, the file is automatically deleted.

Ingo Schumacher
Systems Engineering Manager CEERNational Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,078 Views)
We pretty much figured it out... It was a codec issue in the compression of the AVI files... Gotta love proprietary formats!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,076 Views)