DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I show groupped columns inisde Diadem report ?

Hi,

I am trying to show some values inside a Diadem report. I must show then in a similar way as "groupped columns" inside Excel, comparing different values in columns, just one columns next to the other one, but I do not know how I can manage it inside Diadem. With "bar" and outlined bars, all the columns are located at the same X point, so it is not the same as in Excel. How could I compare values of differet columns?

Thanks for your collaboration
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,609 Views)
Hi koniker,

I'm not familiar with "grouped column" display in Excel, nor can I find it in the chart wizard. It sounds like what you mean is to have a couple of columns which all actually occur at the same X value but are displayed "next to each other", at X, X-delta, X+delta, etc. If this is what you mean, then your only option in DIAdem is to create a separate X axis for each column to plot with the values X+delta, X-delta, etc.

Regards,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,599 Views)
Thanks for the answer, but is there another possibility to compare values for a same X value? What about bar representation and offset concept?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,596 Views)
Hi koniker,

Do you mean Y offset? If so, you can do it, but it's not a built-in feature, so again, you would have to shift the Y values up or down by Delta with the FormulaCalculator prior to graphing.

Normally multiple values occurring at the same X axis point are displayed either as lines and/or symbols. Bar graphs come up occasionally in DIAdem, but they're much more important for business graphing needs, thus the strong support of them in Excel.

What's your use-case? Are bar graphs the only acceptable choice? I can create and send you VBScript code to shift the bars either in the X direction or the Y direction, as you wish, if that's the optimal diplay. It just won't be a built-in feature.

Regards,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,584 Views)

Hi Brad,

I'm using DIAdem for historical data trending.I'm selecting some period of time (for example 03.04.2007-03.21.2012) and I want to show the data in columns (like bars) which are representing the average value of each month of the selected period.How can you help me to implement this.

Regards,

Ruben Arshakyan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,021 Views)

Hi Ruben,

It helps us stay organized if we keep each forum thread specifically related to an invidual topic.  Therefore, instead of Replying to several different forum threads asking your question, we would appreciate it if you create a new forum topic so that we can keep that new topic thread concentrated on your challenge.

Derrick S.
Product Manager
NI DIAdem
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,003 Views)