DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I see other properties and methods of Diadem Insight in LV?

I've installed and activated Diadem Insight 2.08 and copied LV Insight Toolkit under the folder ...\LabVIEW 7.1\vi.lib\addons (I use version LV7.1). I want to create more utility VIs using the properties and methods of Diadem Insight such as the VIs in Insight Toolkit. But I can't see them when clicking the property or invode nodes in the toolkit VIs.

I also put an Automation Refnum and tried to select an active x class of Diadem Insight. I meant to create some refnum controls such as the "Insight.Application" and "Insight.Document" controls in the toolkit VIs. But I also failed to find these classes.

In addition, I put an active x container onto the front panel and tried to insert an active x object. From the popup dialog, I chose to "Create Document" and saw "Insight Document" listed below. But if I choose that term and click OK, an error message will pop up saying "Error inserting active object: Not enouth storage is available to complete this operation.". Diadem Insight will also be run automatically, but I can't close it then.

Can anyone help me? Great thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,217 Views)
I created these utility VI's by dropping a property or invoke node on the block diagram, right-click on the node, click on select class - active-x - browse..
In the next dialog box select browse again and a file selection dialog box will open. Navigate to ..Insight/bin/ and select the insight.tlb file. Now you will see application (insight.application), document (insight.document), IInsight, and ItoInsightAut. The properties under IInsight and ItoInsightAut were used to create the utility VIs. 

As of right now Insight cannot be inserted into the front panel in LabVIEW. This is something I am investigating.

To have insight close you can use the Close Insight VI. I normally run this after I exit the main program loop although it can also be used in the loop if you have a reason to.

Please let me know if you run into any additional questions or need further clarification.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,194 Views)

Thanks, Ardys! I've solved the problem.

I've meant to use insight to get the model image shown on FP. And I also want to make it vibrating according to my control. But LV insight seems not to have such utilities to extract model properties from existing model files (*.mod, *.wrl, *.fem) as in Diadem insight. I've already begun to try other ways and try to read and translate the files myself. But it doesn't look easy. Do you have any better ideas?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,162 Views)
What model properties are you looking to extract? If you can give me an overview of your application I may be able to help you determine how best to approach it.  Please contact me when you have a chance to discuss this in more detail.

Robert VanDeVanter
Senior Technical Representative
National Instruments
(800) 433-3488 ext 30082
(512) 683-0082
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,150 Views)